Interested in joining Canopy?
Collectively, we value every voice and perspective in an effort to transform the communities we serve. If our mission aligns with your values, we would love to work together.
About The Job
We are seeking a talented, passionate individual to join our practice. The candidate should have excellent communication, design, and technical skills as well as experience in multi-family residential and other commercial projects. Responsibilities will include development of projects in design and construction phases including code/zoning, technical priorities, construction documentation, as well as construction administration. In addition, this position will provide an opportunity to work closely alongside the firm’s leadership in leading design and technical priorities for projects throughout the studio and projects firm wide.
Canopy is rooted in a collective design process, thus the ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated yet eager to work collaboratively in a small practice environment including construction field visits for regional projects.
Requirement For Applicants
The position requires overall skill and knowledge in design, drawing documentation, and construction administration including; zoning and code studies, schematic design, design development, permitting, construction documents and construction observation 3-5 years of experience minimum.). Keen knowledge of local construction methodologies, engineering systems, specifications, and accessibility codes is highly preferred. A professional or bachelor degree in architecture or a related field is required. LEED AP, and/or NCARB-AXP registration is preferred but not required. CAD, Revit, Adobe, and Microsoft software knowledge is preferred including experience with Teams, Go To, and other audio/video virtual meeting platforms.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please email resume, cover letter and sample portfolio (less than 15MB) to Nora Catlin, Director of Operations, at email@example.com. Links to web-based documents are also accepted. Use “Project Architect Position” as the subject line as well as your full name.
Staff Accountant / Business Resources Manager
About The Job
We are seeking a talented, self-motivated individual to join our growing practice. We are currently looking for a staff accountant to assist with accounts management including billing, contracts, and staff resource planning. This is part-time salaried position with competitive benefits.
Canopy is rooted in a collective design process; thus, the ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated yet eager to work collaboratively in a hybrid “in-office” and “work from home” environment.
Responsible for the project billing process (accounts payable/receivable), including coordination with the firm’s staff, clients, and outside vendors in accordance with established accounting standards and billing policies including:
- Coordinate and process project billing including verification of billing schedules in accordance with contracts
- Track and input budget data for projects
- Perform general weekly bookkeeping
- Management of Additional Service Authorization Forms
- Lien waiver preparation including tracking of consultant trailing waivers
- Preparation and processing of monthly client invoicing
- Responsible for setting up new projects and project resource planning within Ingenious IO software for interface with Quickbooks bookkeeping software.
- Effectively communicate with project managers regarding contract terms and Architectural and Engineering services related to billing
- Reference architectural & engineering contracts for billing and invoicing
- Handle client and vendor inquiries related to accounts
- Prepare project reporting for project managers, check and verify accuracy of calculations and reports.
- Maintain billing and contract files in accordance with standard procedures.
- Review employee timesheets for billing purposes
- Perform administrative tasks (printing checks, copies, emailing/mailing invoices, etc.) and other periodic administrative tasks
Required Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. A combination of Associates degree and relevant work experience is also accepted.
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience preferably in the professional services environment; preferably in the architecture, engineering, construction field
- Familiarity with professional services and/or the AEC industry is preferred.
- Organized self starter with a problem solving attitude
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting deadlines
- Mid to high-proficiency in Quickbooks and Microsoft excel software is required
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels and disciplines.
- Ingenious IO Software experience is a new software. We will provide training as needed for the selected candidate —prior experience with Ingenious software is not required.
Part-time salary (12-20 hours per week), benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to Nora Catlin, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Staff Accountant Position” as the subject line as well as your full name.