A 1920‘s courtyard apartment building was adapted to become a new home for the Priests of the Sacred Heart religious community. Extensive structural modifications to the 41-unit building were required to provide offices and common spaces including a reception area, living room, dining room, library, and chapel. A three-story, rear addition provides new corridors to connect previously separated apartments, improving circulation and encouraging a sense of community. Ground floor retail space was transformed into the chapel providing the Priests of the Sacred Heart a strong neighborhood presence and establishing the facility as an accessible resource for the surrounding community. A second phase of improvements will provide sun control devices to respond to Chicago’s diverse climate, reducing heat gain during the warm months and allowing heat absorption during the winter months.